Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Jehovah Surprise

I awoke today feeling only semi-rested. I haven't been sleeping well the past two weeks. I'm not sure why, but I hope that I will live ;) I've been trying to stay up as late as possible in hopes that it will help, but no dice.

It has gotten to be quite the heat wave here in Spain ~ over 80 degrees!!! I must say that I loved every minute of it. I went for my walk/jog today and successfully completed Week 2 Day 1 of my Couch to 5k Challenge. Here was today's inspiration:


I definitely powered through today much better than the prior challenge. Here's to Day 2! I also got to see my workout buddy today. Oooooh Ernie!


After I completed my challenge I went home for some grub! With it being Semana Santa and me not working, I decided to do some self pampering. I infused olive oil with ginger and gave my hair a hot oil treatment. I wanted to give my hair some extra nourishment for a couple of days so I did not thoroughly shampoo my hair. I washed and rinsed but did not repeat. I also made a salt and sugar face scrub. 


I used a small amount of the oil that I had infused with ginger and added sugar and salt and applied it to my face. After gently scrubbing I hopped in the shower and rinsed it off. I also used face wash to rinse off any excess oil. After my shower I applied face lotion and my skin is now nice and smooth without being overly dry or oily~ it's just right! While living here I have continuously had the issue of my face becoming extemely dry and flaky. Although some may not care for the scent, I have found olive oil to be a great moisturizer. I dont mind the scent and after I apply my makeup I can't smell it at all. 



My hair has more oil than normal, but that is to be expected since I did not thoroughly wash it. As of now it feels, obviously oily, but great! Softer and smooth. I can only hope that it will remain that way after my next wash ~ minus some of the oil of course!

It was so odd. Today I received a couple of visitors at my doorstep. They just happened to be Jehovah Witnesses. I didn't realize that it was even a thing here as Catholicism is one of the main religions of Spain ~ Surprise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment