I have been here for about 6 months now and leave in approximately two when my contract expires. I must say that if I did not have the support I do (most times) from my family I would not have made it this far. At times I may have complaints about their behavior, but that's what makes us so close. We can get on each other's nerves and still be totally loving of each other. Idiomatically speaking, they drive me to drink. However, the next day I will be hungover and get over it.
Today marked the beginning of Semana Santa. Before break, I was able to show the students a slideshow of how my family celebrates Easter. I can only hope they enjoyed it as much as I did. To kick off my Saints Week in Spain I started my third challenge on the Couch to 5k running app. Here was my inspiration for the day:
I will start by saying that I did in fact finish the challenge!...
...just barely! I definitely had a more difficult time today than I had with the past two challenges. I blame Jillian Michaels 6 week Six-Pack (Courtesy of YouTube). I was only five minutes in and I could have used a butter knife to spread my legs on toast ~ as they were LITERALLY jelly! I'm hoping for better results tomorrow, however I don't know if I'll be giving JM another try for a bit. I may need to ease into that one by first trying something that's not going to kick my a**. Thankfully, YouTube has a slew of others to choose from!
I met a fella on my way down the road from the Cerro Bellido. We definitely have a budding friendship. I'm pleased to introduce to you, Ernie. Now I know it may not seem like it from the photo, but he's quite the shy guy!
I previously touched base a bit on loving the skin your in. If you are making changes to your body, please dig deep to make sure you are doing it for the right reasons. At the end of the day you are the one who has to be okay with them. Be sure that your decisions are not based on others' perceptions of how you "should" look or what's considered beautiful and what is not, but instead based on how YOU see yourself or even for better health. Loving yourself can be a tough job and it's easy to relapse into having toxic thoughts about your body. In light of this, I thought it would be nice to say something that you love about yourself and/or body.
For example, I love my smile!
Please leave your comments below!





No comments:
Post a Comment